We all know colds are common this time of year, especially in children who have returned to school this year. Whilst most colds get better in about a week, it can take up to 2 weeks in small children, which can be unpleasant for you and your little one. Here at Colief HQ we have compiled some tips on how to beat that cold faster and help soothe their symptoms, to help make sure your children feel their best for the festive period.
- Make sure your child is drinking plenty of fluids, as this helps to loosen mucus in the nose and relieve congestion. Staying hydrated ensures that the body can function properly and can defend itself more effectively against a cold or flu.
- Ensure the whole family are washing their hands regularly to stop the cold spreading, which we should all be well rehearsed in after this year!
- To help soothe any discomfort with your child’s breathing, why not also try the Colief Breathe Easy range, which contains a unique blend of natural ingredients which offer a soothing solution for easy breathing. The Breathe Easy range includes the award winning Breathe Easy Patch, a gentle decongestant patch which can be worn on clothing or bedding. Suitable for children aged over three years, this disposable patch contains a comforting, natural blend of essential oils to ease the discomfort of colds. Alternatively, you could try the new addition to the range, the Breathe Easy Vapour Rub, a gentle, safe and convenient decongestant suitable for babies aged over three months. Colief Breathe Easy Vapour Rub comes in a convenient stick format, which can be applied directly to the skin without any fuss or mess.
- Ensure your little one is getting plenty of rest and sleep – this helps the body heal faster.
- Adding moisture to the air can also prove quite helpful. A humidifier can add moisture to your home, which might help loosen congestion.