Here are 5 ways to wind down this Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is a special day where we get to celebrate all the wonderful women in our life. As a mum do you ever find time to relax, de-stress and gather your thoughts? Are you constantly working around the clock with no time to yourself? We all need that time to ourselves, especially all you tired Mum’s out there. Here are 5 ways you can wind down this Mother’s Day and be appreciated for all the hard work you do.
- Practice self – care – Run yourself a bath with some calming bath salts, perhaps with your favourite face mask. Make the room as relaxing and pleasant as possible and burn some essential oils such as lavender oil. Lavender is known to promote stress relief and is proven to help you sleep better.
- Exercise – This doesn’t mean doing anything too strenuous or hard core. Take some time out and go for a leisurely walk. Release any tension that has been building up and let it all go. Listen to your favourite music or podcast and take in that fresh air, it’s so important for your mind!
- Enjoy your favourite meal – Is there that one meal that never fails to disappoint? Whether that be a homecooked meal, a meal out or your trustee local takeaway you should enjoy it! Food is the best way to our hearts!
- De- stress & Meditate – Meditation is so important for your body especially your mind. It helps bring you mental and emotional clarity. It’s scientifically proven to lower your blood pressure and calm the nervous system. Just a simple twenty -minute mediation can help your thoughts and actions align better for the day which can be proven hard as part of being a mum sometimes.
- Family Activity– Enjoy quality time with your family and do something you all enjoy together. That could be a trip to the park to enjoy the nice weather, a nice meal out or even a relaxed and cosy day at home filled with movies and playing board games.
Chek our other blog posts!