Have you started to think about your holiday plans for the summer yet? If not you should definitely consider a UK holiday staycation! With so much on our doorstep why not explore some of the beautiful locations the UK has to offer! Here at Colief we’ve pulled together our top UK staycations that are sure to be a hit with the whole family. Why not take away some of the potential stress of long trip with a little one this summer!
- Isle of Wight – With its dinosaur heritage, gorgeous beaches, camping sites and an array of attractions beyond the beach, the Isle of Wight is one of the best family-friendly holiday destinations in the UK. The island’s wonderful child-friendly historic highlights include Roman ruins at Brading Roman Villa, historic castles like Carisbrooke, and beautiful royal home Osborne.
- Paignton, Devon – Picture this: steam trains, beaches and castles – Paignton is a playground for families in search of a holiday that combines the best of the beach and countryside. You can enjoy a paddle at Broadsands Beach, ride the Dartmouth Steam Railway and visit the National Trust’s Compton Castle. Geoplay Park is a great spot for little ones to burn off their energy and enjoy a fun day out! In fact the whole family can enjoy it with boat trips that stop in Torquay, Brixham and Dartmouth.
- North York Moors, Yorkshire – If you’re looking for a holiday that isn’t in the south, the North York Moors is a fantastic option. Showcasing magical woodland walks in Sneaton Forest, a 30-foot Falling Foss waterfall, and a 2.5 mile green Ellerburn Family Cycle Route at Dalby Forest, North York Moors has a lot to offer. For any Harry Potter fans – you also have Goathland station, also known as Hogsmeade where you can watch the North Yorkshire Moors Railway trains chug along – so get on board!
- Blackpool – Looking for a classic family beach holiday destination? Blackpool offers copious amounts of fun and lots to do at the bright, bold seaside resort. You can sit back and relax on the sandy beach, visit Stanley Park for its beautiful architecture and horticulture. You also have the option to enjoy a splash at Sandcastle Waterpark, the UK’s largest indoor waterpark.
- London – perhaps you’re looking for a fun city break this summer? If so, without a doubt London is the place to go! London is easily one of the best city breaks for a family in the UK. It manages to amaze children of all ages. They can stare at Big Ben, take in the views from the London Eye and pose with their favourite characters at Madame Tussauds. London is full of fun and historical things to explore, including the Natural History Museum, Kew Gardens and cruises along the River Thames, the list could go on!
If you have enjoyed reading this, why not check out our other blogs