You might be thinking, pumpkin carving, how hard can it be? But trust us, if you want the best-looking pumpkins on the street, you’re going to want to save these tips for later!
- Choosing the right pumpkin – it might sound simple but choosing your pumpkin wisely is key. Make sure you pick a fresh pumpkin (it’s going to be sat on the windowsill for at least a couple of days) with a flat bottom so it’s stable.
- Mess preparation – pumpkin carving can be a messy business, especially when you’re scooping out all the insides. Before you and the kids get started, lay down a tablecloth, or even some bin bags, to help with the clean up once the fun is over.
- Don’t let your pumpkin go to waste – you’re going to be left with lots of pumpkin filling. Don’t let this go to waste and use it to make a tasty Pumpkin treats or dinners! Need inspiration? Take a look at these delicious pumpkin recipes here.
- Drawing your design- draw out your design on a piece of paper beforehand and use this as a template to mark the pumpkin with your pencil. If you’re feeling super confident in your carving skills, you can also try printing a design from the internet and using this asa stencil.
- Tools – having the right tools can really help in achieving an impressive design – believe it or not, there is such a thing as a pumpkin carving kit!
- Safety first – of course it’s important to be vigilant whilst enjoying this activity with the kids. Make sure no tools are left about and that there are enough adults on hand to assist each little one with their carving.
We’d love to know how you and the family get on with your pumpkin carving this Halloween – let us know by tagging @coliefbabycare on socials when sharing your spooky snaps!
Back to our blogs