Whilst the festive period can of course be overwhelming at times, as parents the joy of seeing your little ones’ faces light up as they experience the excitement of Christmas makes it all worthwhile. To save you a little extra time this Christmas, we’ve pulled together a list of the best Christmas activities to try as a family this year. Enjoy!
● Ice skating – ice skating is a great activity for all the family to take part in. There’ll be plenty of ice rinks around at this time of year, so head to your local Christmas market or garden centre, as they’ll get booked up quickly! Most rinks will also offer penguin skate aids, to give the littles ones that extra stability.
● Building your own gingerbread house – an activity you can enjoy building and then eating – what could be better? Grab yourself an easy to assemble kit, such this one, and get building!
● Santa’s grotto – it wouldn’t be Christmas without a trip to see Saint Nick himself but remember to book a slot in advance to avoid any disappointment. It’s also the perfect chance to find out what your kids are hoping to receive this year!
● Christmas pantomime – one for the whole family to enjoy, a Christmas pantomime will get you all singing and in the festive spirit. Enjoying an evening or afternoon at your local theatre is also a fun activity that allows you to sit down for a little while!
● Christmas lights tour – whether it’s heading into town or visiting a street nearby that really goes to town with the Christmas light. Get wrapped up in your hats and gloves and take the little ones out to enjoy the displays! A completely free activity that they’ll really enjoy.
For more entries like this, check out our Blog