In the winter months we often find ourselves surrounded by grey cold weather, so it’s important to make sure we are still getting our Vitamin D intake. Did you know Vitamin D helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body – nutrients that are essential to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy?
Colief Vitamin C Drops
Daily Immune Boost
When it comes to supporting the general health of young children, Vitamin C plays an important role. That’s why Colief have created Colief Vitamin C Drops, to help you support your child’s wellbeing in their earliest years. In addition to supporting the immune system and the absorption of iron, Vitamin C also helps with collagen production, which is needed for the formation of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth. All important for the development of young children.
Suitable for all the family, Colief Vitamin C Drops is a food supplement rich in vitamin C and free from yeast, gluten, corn, starch, wheat, nut, soy and dairy. Easily added to milk or juice it can be taken by children aged one year upwards. Colief Vitamin C Drops is a convenient, sugar-free daily supplement, and is produced without artificial flavours, colours, or preservatives.
Top tips on getting enough vitamin C:
- Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning your body can’t produce it. It’s water-soluble and found in many fruits and vegetables, including oranges, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and spinach. Try to incorporate these foods into your and your child’s diet.
- Eat your fruit and vegetables raw whenever possible. When you cook them, you strip the food of some of its vital nutrients. Cooking especially affects water-soluble vitamins, such as vitamin C. Keep a bowl of vitamin-C rich fruit in the house for snacking.
How to use Colief Vitamin C Drops
Mix Colief® Vitamin C Drops with tea, juice or milk.
|Age||Recommended daily intake: and vitamin C content||NRV%*|
|1-3 years||Up to 9 drops (45 mg)||56%|
|4-14 years||Up to 10 drops (50 mg)||63%|
|15-18 years||Up to 15 drops (75 mg)||94%|
|+18 years||Up to 20 drops (100 mg)||125%|
*NRV Nutrient Reference Value
Do not exceed the recommended intake. A food supplement is not a substitute for a varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Excessive consumption may produce laxative effects.
Become Part Of Our Community
Head on over to our Facebook page; you’ll find lots of beautiful baby photos and heartwarming stories shared by the mums and dads of our community. We also have lots of exciting competitions and giveaways for you to get involved in!
Read Our Blog
Whilst Valentine’s may look a little different this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t get involved in some family fun in crafting the perfect Valentine’s gift for your loved one! Whether that be a partner, family member, friend or someone who has meant a lot to you this past year, why not make their day
At a loss with how to keep your children entertained this half-term? With most of us having home schooled our children since Christmas, you may be stuck for ideas on how to mix up your activities this half term. Well fear not – we have compiled a list of our top suggestions to ensure you
1. Houghton, LA. Vieth, R. (2006) The case against ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) as a vitamin supplement. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17023693.
2. Infant and Toddler Forum (2014) Preventing Vitamin D Deficiency in Toddlers https://www.infantandtoddlerforum.org/media/upload/pdf-downloads/4.7_Preventing_Vitamin_D_ Deficiency_in_Toddlers.pdf.
3. Public Health England and Food Standards Agency (2014) National Diet and Nutrition Survey: results from Years 1 to 4 (combined) of the rolling programme for 2008 and 2009 to 2011 and 2012 https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/national-diet- and-nutrition-survey-results-from-years-1-to-4-combined-of-the-rollingprogramme- for-2008-and-2009-to-2011-and-2012.
4. Public Health England (2016) PHE publishes new advice on vitamin D. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/phe-publishes-new-advice-on-vitamin-d
5. NHS (2017) Vitamin D. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vitamins-minerals/Pages/Vitamin-D.aspxtings.