Calming & Comforting effect through Gentle Massage
Positively interacting and connecting with your baby is so important in developing trust and communication. Colief® Baby Massage Oil does just that with its warming, soothing and relaxing effect through gentle massage. Created with gentle skin in mind Colief Baby Massage Oil contains 100% natural ingredients including Sweet Almond Oil, Lavender Oil, Jojoba and Vitamin E.
This nourishing oil absorbs quickly and helps soften dry skin. It can be gently massaged into your baby’s skin to moisturise, soothe, and calm your baby. The calming effect of the massage makes your baby feel cared and loved for. It encourages eye to eye contact, smiling and mutual interaction. It can help babies who suffer from sleep problems relax and can help reduce crying and irritability.
It promotes bilateral movements for your baby which means your baby is using both sides of the body and brain, which is hugely beneficial in their early development. It’s also proven to assist in strengthening the baby’s primary systems. This includes digestive issues associated with colic and general intestinal problems which is very common for young babies. With just a simple gentle massage into the baby’s skin the hydrating blend enriched with natural ingredients is quickly absorbed. This leaves your baby feeling calm and comforted.
Top Tips for successful Baby Massage
- Choose a time when your baby is at their most settled. It is good for you to be as relaxed as possible. If tension is present, it might be sensed by your baby causing them to become unsettled. The flow of relaxation will be felt through relaxed touch.
- Clean your hands before applying the oil. Apply the oil to your hands and rub hands together.
- Ask permission from your baby. Asking permission enhances healthy communication, respect, trust and teaches body autonomy.
For tummy massage to soothe; rub oil in hands as warm as possible – this acts an immediate soothing and warming sensation for the tummy especially if baby is experiencing discomfort.
There are times when it is not advised to massage baby. For example, if your baby:
- Is feeling unwell/having an off day
- Has a fever
- Has any skin conditions, lumps, bumps, rashes
- No tummy massage directly after a feed – it is better to wait 40 minutes
- Has any undiagnosed illnesses
- Without health professional consent if your baby is under a medical team
Prior to using Colief Baby Massage Oil for the first time we would recommend a skin patch test 24 hours before use.